Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Learning so much

we've been enjoying making a point getting out in nature and watching. I haven't been great at taking pictures but we're enjoying learning- even if I still call plants the wrong thing. we went out this morning and spent a long time working on our "weed gardens." We found rollie pollies, snails, earthworms. then as we were taking our weed gardens out into the woods, we saw a huge spider web. K took one look at the spider and said "Mommy it's a spiny bellied spider." I'd never heard of those until last week when I googled the strange looking spider and found out that it's super common- who knew? Here's a baby duck that we watched outside the condo at Disney. We took tons of pics in Animal Kingdom.

we also got our first pet-Fuzzi Wuzzi- although I think that Florida was too warm for him. After briefing losing and refinding him, we put him into a new home for the trip to Florida. The second day there I thought he'd been squooshed. turns out he'd started his cocoon (a few months early) but he doesn't seem to be making a ton of progress- he is still in his home so we'll check on him later.

We also made a trip to Cape Fear Botanical Gardens which was great. We enjoyed a scavenger hunt and learning about the different plants there. I thought I'd learned about hostas until today I confused an elephant ear plant for a hosta- much to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment